Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pandanon redux

It is raining today in Cebu. Most days of the past two weeks though, it has pretty been viciously hot. Too bad that the waters around the islands remain choppy. It is the monsoon of Habagat or the southwest wind which predicates tidal swells and stormy seas. The typhoon-laden wind only makes me wish for summer, when weather is gentle and perfect for the beach.

While travel to my favorite islands appear hard nowadays, I could not help but pine for the sand, the sun and the seas of Pandanon. I may not be able to go there now but I had some Pandanon Island escapade photographs to keep me company.


under the big blue sky
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/100s, f/10, 18mm, ISO 100, +1/3EV
Pandanon island, Getafe, Bohol, Philippines


the yellow boat
Pandanon is like two islands linked by a narrow isthmus. One end is almost pure sand. The other is inhabited by a small barangay of about 300 people, ekeing out a living from the seas, and now, from tourism.
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/80s, f/16, 18mm, ISO 100, -1/3EV
Pandanon island, Getafe, Bohol, Philippines


eager smiles
I was passing through the small fishing village of Pandanon when I bumped into these boys. They saw my camera and eagerly asked that I take pictures of them with their teddy bears. Ah, innocence!
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/30s, f/5, 39mm, ISO 100
Pandanon island, Getafe, Bohol, Philippines

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: