Monday, December 1, 2008

the Cacing Diaries #20

almost 10 months

It’s a holiday today in the Philippines. With free time on my hands, I gave Cacing her bath this morning. She’s at her bouncy best so I quickly decided to take out my camera and use my nifty 50.

Our sunlit room was perfect and I set Cacing by the bed. My wife’s scarves and Cacing’s hair bands became easy props. Playing with her was so easy when she’s in the mood.

I coaxed a lot of different looks from her so I am publishing them in two parts.

This is part 1.

Cacing is not an easy model to shoot. Like any baby, she has a short attention span and would barely look at me. I do think that she’s already used to seeing me with the camera. She’s getting the idea that the lens is her friend.

yelping Cacing
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/160s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100


One of my early pictures of the day happened to be one of my favorites. Her hair was still wet and I combed it over her face. For a moment, she sat still. She looked like a Japanese doll albeit en deshabille.

the Japanese doll
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/125s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100


I quickly had her wear 3 headbands at a time. Her hair was fast drying up but she looked as if she just came from a working out in the gym. This is her 1980’s Olivia Newton-John “Let’s Get Physical” look!

sporty Cacing
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/160s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100


Her next photograph turned back time several more decades. Think of the roaring 20s. The curled up shoulder-length bob, the spaghetti-strapped top and the band across her forehead completed her flapper look.

flapper Cacing
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/125s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100


When her hair got dry, her appearance became more sophisticated. I cranked the electric fan a notch, then she gave me a lopsided smirk that probably will be one of her trademarks when she grows up.

the smirk
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/100s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100


The last picture for now makes me think of her as a cartoon character. Pursed lips, puffed cheeks, chinky eyes and she now screams anime, I think.

anime Cacing
Canon EOS 350D Digital, 1/320s, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 400


More of her different looks in the Cacing Diaries #21.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

akanée said...

Awww, she's really cute, has so many looks. And she is so lucky with you photographing her;)) I wish I had a father like you! ;)))

Anonymous said...

akane- you are so sweet! thanks so much!